February 15, 2014

A new name trend?

Now that we have announced our pregnancy to our family, friends, and co-workers everyone is giving their predictions on the gender of the baby.  Which I don't mind in the least, I too think it's fun to guess the sex of the baby.  People are also asking if we have a preference or our predictions.  Here are my thoughts on that.

No, I don't have a preference.  Before I had kids I thought I would want a boy and a girl.  Preferably the boy first, so that he could watch over his little sister.  I always wanted to have an older brother growing up.  Now that we have had Jack I wouldn't mind a bit in the least if we were to have another boy.  The little brother would have Jack as an awesome role model and I can just picture the two of them getting into all sorts of shenanigans!

But, I wouldn't mind having a little girl either. Although honestly it does make me a little nervous because I don't have any experience with girls other than I am one, but it would be interesting to see the differences between the two genders.  Plus, she would have the best older brother to watch over her.

We decided to find out this time around because Jack is bound and determined that he is going to have a brother.  Just in case he doesn't get his wish he has a few months to adjust to the idea.  He has however picked out names for his future sibling.  If it's a boy, Jack wants to name his brother Flaggy and if it's a girl he likes the name Napkin.  Hey, in Hollywood some parents name their kids Apple or Blue.  Why not us?  Perhaps we'll start a new trend! I have a feeling that his future sibling will be thankful to know that mom and dad have the final say in the matter.

My predictions?  Based on the fact that this pregnancy (at least as far as symptoms goes) has been very different I would say girl.  BUT I am almost always wrong when I make predictions on other people's babies, so I am thinking then that it must be boy.  With Jack I had no morning sickness although I was severely nauseous and the smell of chicken made me want to gag in the first trimester.  With this pregnancy I have only had very slight bouts of nausea usually at night and I would sip on ginger ale or crackers and be fine.  And the smell of chicken didn't bother me at all this time around. Again, maybe the reason is  because it's a girl or maybe my body just adjusted better the second time around.  We will hopefully know for sure on Feb. 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...